2023 Pennsylvania Permit Test 23
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Pennsylvania. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Pennsylvania please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/pennsylvania/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. This sign is used to warn drivers about:
This sign indicates that the road ahead curves to the right.
2. Allow a larger space cushion than usual when stopping:
You should allow more space in front of your vehicle than usual when you are stopped on an uphill slope. If the vehicle in front of you rolls backward toward your vehicle when traffic begins to move again, it is less likely that there will be a collision.
3. You are approaching an intersection when the traffic light changes from green to solid yellow. You should:
When approaching an intersection with a solid yellow traffic light, slow to a stop before entering the intersection, if it is safe to do so. If you can't stop safely, drive carefully through the intersection.
4. Before switching on the ignition, you should:
Develop a routine for entering and leaving your car. Before switching on the ignition, buckle your safety belt and see that all passengers do likewise.
5. If you need to slow down or stop when other drivers may not expect it, you should:
If you are going to brake where other drivers may not expect it, quickly tap your brake pedal three or four times.
6. The right edge of a road is marked by a ____ line.