2023 Alaska Permit Test
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Alaska. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Alaska please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/alaska/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. When entering a street from a driveway, you:
Always stop before entering the roadway from a driveway and yield to any approaching vehicles or crossing pedestrians. The stop should be made before crossing the sidewalk area. Failure to stop is unlawful.
2. A red flashing traffic light has the same meaning as a:
A red flashing traffic signal has the same meaning as a stop sign. When approaching a red flashing signal, come to a complete stop and proceed when it is safe to do so. A stop sign may sometimes also be posted where this signal is located.
3. If a vehicle using high beams comes toward you, you should look toward ____ of the road.
If a vehicle approaching you is using its high beams and fails to dim them, you should glance toward the right side of the road. This will keep you from being blinded by the other vehicle’s headlights and will allow you to see well enough to stay on your course until the vehicle passes.
4. At an intersection with a traffic light displaying a green arrow, you should:
If you are in the proper lane, you must make the movement indicated by an arrow displayed on a traffic signal. A movement indicated by an arrow has the right-of-way and should not conflict with pedestrians or other vehicles. However, still be alert to other drivers and pedestrians who are wrongfully within the intersection.
5. If you drive past your desired destination while in heavy traffic on a city street, you should:
If you realize you've passed your destination while driving in heavy traffic on a city street, you should circle around the block. Never make a U-turn where it may disrupt traffic.
6. When approaching a school bus that is displaying flashing red lights, a driver should: