2023 Louisiana Permit Test
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Louisiana. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Louisiana please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/louisiana/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. Certain highway signs contain information about hazardous conditions. Such signs are known as:
Warning signs advise drivers of potentially hazardous conditions. For your own safety, obey warning signs. Disregarding the information provided by a warning sign may result in an accident due to your negligence.
2. You may drink alcoholic beverages in a vehicle on a public highway:
It is against the law to consume or possess any alcoholic beverage while on a public road or sidewalk. Additionally, storing an open alcoholic beverage container in an area of a motor vehicle normally occupied by the driver or passenger is prohibited on any public road.
3. You are stopped in a line of vehicles waiting at a stop sign. If there is no cross traffic after the vehicles ahead have passed through the intersection, you:
You must always bring your vehicle to a complete stop and yield to approaching traffic before proceeding past a stop sign. Don't feel pressured by surrounding traffic to avoid making a complete stop.
4. You come to an intersection with a flashing red light. You must:
A flashing red light means that you must come to a full stop, and then proceed when the way is clear.
5. Under normal weather and traffic conditions, maintain a minimum following distance of:
The more distance between your vehicle and others, the more time you'll have to react if another driver makes a mistake. Maintain a minimum following distance of three seconds when driving under normal weather and traffic conditions. Increase your following distance when anything makes driving conditions less than perfect.
6. When approaching a railroad crossing warning sign:
Railroad crossing warning signs are used to warn drivers of the possibility of a train. Drivers should obey all railroad crossing warning signs and never go around barriers or disregard the warning sign.
7. If you are driving near a motorcycle, you must:
A motorcycle is a full-size vehicle with the same privileges as any other vehicle on the roadway. You should allow a motorcyclist a full lane width. Although it may seem as though there is enough room in the traffic lane for a larger vehicle and a motorcycle, remember that the motorcycle needs room to maneuver safely.
8. This sign means: