2023 Washington Permit Test 5
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Washington. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Washington please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/washington/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. This road sign means:
This sign indicates that there is an intersection ahead. A road joins from the right.
2. You need to use extra caution when driving near a pedestrian using a white cane because:
When driving near a blind pedestrian who is carrying a white cane or walking with a guide dog, you must slow down, yield the right-of-way, and then proceed with caution. Be prepared to stop your vehicle in order to prevent injury or danger to the pedestrian.
3. A red traffic signal light means that you must:
A red traffic light means that you must stop before entering the intersection. You must at any stop line and before entering any crosswalk.
4. A steady yellow light at an intersection means:
A steady yellow light indicates that a steady red light will soon appear. If you are driving toward an intersection and a yellow light appears, slow down and prepare to stop. If you are already within the intersection or cannot stop safely before entering the intersection, continue through carefully.
5. You are coming to an intersection and have a green light. Pedestrians are crossing against the red. You should:
Yield to pedestrians and cars that may be caught in an intersection when you have a green light. Be careful around pedestrians under every circumstance.
6. You want to back out of your driveway. You see children playing nearby. Before you start to move your car, you should: