2023 Washington Permit Test 13
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Washington. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Washington please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/washington/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. What does alcohol do to your driving skills and judgement?
Alcohol negatively affects many skills needed for safe driving, including your reaction time and ability to see clearly. It can also harm your judgment of speed and distance, lower your inhibitions, and make you more prone to taking chances.
2. Which of the following statements about railroad crossings is true?
You must stop at a railroad crossing when directed to do so by a flagger, stop sign, or warning devices, such as gates or flashing lights. Not all railroad crossings are equipped with such devices. It is against the law to drive around lowered railroad crossing gates.
3. Pentagonal signs indicate:
Pentagonal signs indicate that you are in a school zone. Be extra alert to children and pedestrians when driving near a school.
4. The Child Restraint Law requires children who are under the age of eight and less than ____ in height to be seated in an approved safety restraint system.
Washington's Child Restraint Law requires children who are under the age of eight and shorter than 4 feet, 9 inches tall to be fasted into a child safety restraint when being transported in a motor vehicle. They should not be allowed to use a seat belt until they can safely do so.
5. To be parked legally on a street, a vehicle must be within:
When parking on a street, it is prohibited to park more than 12 inches from a curb.
6. A “No stopping” sign means that, unless directed to do so by a police officer, you may stop only: