2023 Washington Permit Test
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Washington. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Washington please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/washington/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
7. When driving near a blind pedestrian who is carrying a white cane or using a guide dog, you should:
When driving near a blind pedestrian who is carrying a white cane or walking with a guide dog, you must slow down, yield the right-of-way, and then proceed with caution. Be prepared to stop your vehicle in order to prevent injury or danger to the pedestrian.
8. Marijuana that is smoked and marijuana that is consumed by way of marijuana-infused foods:
Marijuana-infused food can affect a consumer at a much slower rate than marijuana that is smoked. Smoking marijuana can damage a consumer's lungs. Ingesting marijuana in any form can negatively affect a driver's ability to operate a motor vehicle.
9. You are driving when it starts to sleet or snow. You should:
In snowy weather, keep your windshield and mirrors clear. Increase your following distance when driving in wet and cold weather because a slippery road surface will increase the distance needed for your vehicle to stop.
10. Using a hand-held cell phone to make a phone call while driving:
It is against the law in Washington State to use a hand-held cell phone while driving. This law is not intended to encourage hands-free cell phone use. If a driver must talk on the phone, it is recommended that they leave the roadway and make the phone call after their vehicle is safely stopped.
11. What are the colors of warning signs indicating upcoming hazards?
Warning signs that indicate approaching hazards are usually yellow with black lettering or symbols. Warning signs in work zones are orange with black lettering or symbols.
12. When you hear the siren or see the flashing lights of an approaching emergency vehicle, you must: