2023 Texas Motorcycle Permit Test 6
The following questions are from real DMV written motorcycle permit tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Texas when getting your motorcycle learners permit. Each motorcycle theory practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Texas please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/texas/motorcycle.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. When riding in curves, turning, or entering a highway, the best group formation is:
While riding in a staggered formation is generally the best option when traveling in a group, riders should move into a single-file line through curves, through turns, and when entering or exiting a highway.
2. What is often found in the center portion of the lane?
Drippings from cars tend to form an oily strip in the center of each lane. Unless conditions are wet, it is usually still safe for a motorcycle to operate on the center strip.
3. Small vehicles can appear ______ and seem to be traveling ______ than they actually are.
Small vehicles, like motorcycles, can visually seem to be farther away and moving more slowly than they actually are. This phenomenon can make it difficult for others on the road to accurately judge the location and speed of a smaller vehicle.
4. To accommodate a passenger, you may have to:
Because of the extra weight placed on a motorcycle by a passenger, you may need to adjust the motorcycle's shocks before carrying a passenger. Because the motorcycle will sit at a different angle, you should also adjust the headlight and mirrors to compensate for the additional weight.
5. Passing and being passed when riding a motorcycle is not much different than when driving a car. However: