Knowledge Test Class B
Number of Question
1. Rust around wheel nuts may mean:
Rust around wheel nuts may mean that they are loose. Check the tightness of the nuts if you see any rust in the area.
2. Which of the following is not an example of a distracted person who should concern motorists?
You should be cautious when you are near people who are not paying attention to the road. Drivers and pedestrians who are talking to someone may be distracted by the conversation and not fully paying attention to the road. Workers on or near the road may not be paying attention to traffic because they are focused on their work, and can themselves also be a distraction to drivers.
3. Which of the following is a good rule to follow when making a turn?
Signal well in advance of a turn so drivers behind you are aware of your intentions. Keep the signal on throughout the turn and turn it off once the turn is complete.
4. When cargo is being loaded, weight should be placed:
To reduce the risk of a vehicle tipping over, the weight of cargo should be distributed as low as possible.
5. Cargo on flatbed trailers should be:
Cargo on flatbed trailers or trailers without sides must be tied down to prevent it from shifting or falling in transit.
6. When driving, it is important to:
For safe driving, it is essential that you are aware of what is happening on all sides of your vehicle. In addition to watching the road ahead, you should frequently check your mirrors to monitor the road to the sides and to the rear of your vehicle.
7. Laws about securing loads and regulating CMV weights may vary from state to state. During interstate travel: