Number of Question
1. Regulations require hazardous materials employees to be trained and tested how often?
Hazardous materials employees must be trained and tested at least once every three years. Drivers must learn the risks associated with hazardous materials and be able to properly respond to security threats.
2. What could indicate that a shipment you are accepting contains hazardous materials?
Cylinders and drums are often used to contain hazardous materials. Be sure to take the proper precautions if transporting a cargo of hazardous materials.
3. When approaching a railroad crossing while transporting chlorine:
If transporting any amount of chlorine, a driver must always stop at a railroad crossing 15 to 50 feet from the nearest track.
4. If transporting a package that contains radioactive materials, it is important to know that:
Radiation will surround each package of radioactive materials and pass through to all nearby packages. The number of packages that can be loaded together is controlled.
5. An indicator that cargo contains hazardous materials is:
Packaging can be an indicator of whether or not materials are hazardous. Cylinders and drums are often used to hold and transport hazardous materials.
6. When a driver is not in their vehicle, hazardous materials' shipping papers should be: