Knowledge Test Class B
Number of Question
1. When turning quickly to avoid an object in the roadway, you should:
When turning quickly to avoid an object, turn only as much as is necessary to clear it. Do not apply the brakes while turning.
2. When braking with ABS, you should:
When braking a vehicle equipped with an Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), you should not brake any differently than you would if driving a vehicle with a different braking system.
3. What is the purpose of a vehicle inspection report?
A vehicle inspection report allows a driver to inform the motor carrier of issues that could affect the safe operation of a vehicle. If required, the driver should fill out a vehicle inspection report after every day of driving. They should make note of any issues that could affect the safety of the vehicle or that could lead to a mechanical breakdown.
4. What is Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW)?
Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) is the total weight of a single vehicle and its load of cargo.
5. If convicted of a traffic violation in your personal car:
If you are convicted of any traffic violations while driving any vehicle, you must notify your employer within 30 days of the conviction. This rule excludes parking violations.
6. If you are disqualified from driving:
You must notify your employer within two business days if your license is suspended, revoked, or canceled, or if you are otherwise disqualified from driving.
7. Trailers should: