2023 Ohio Motorcycle Permit Test 6
The following questions are from real DMV written motorcycle permit tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Ohio when getting your motorcycle learners permit. Each motorcycle theory practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Ohio please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/ohio/motorcycle.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. Which fabric provides the most protection when worn by motorcyclists?
Leather jackets and pants provide the greatest level of protection when riding.
2. Where should you position your motorcycle when entering a curve?
All curves are different. When taking a curve, choose a lane position that is appropriate for conditions and adjust as needed.
3. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation recommends a SEE strategy to make safe judgments while riding. What does "SEE" stand for?
Experienced riders use a SEE strategy while riding to make safe judgements. "SEE" stands for Search, Evaluate, and Execute.
4. To reduce the chances of a collision, a motorcycle rider should:
To reduce your chances of being involved in a collision, always allow yourself an adequate cushion of space. Maintain your space cushion when following another vehicle, being followed by another vehicle, passing, being passed, or lane sharing.
5. When making a non-emergency stop on a motorcycle:
When making a normal, non-emergency stop, use the front and rear brakes simultaneously and downshift.
6. A motorcycle’s horn is ________ a passenger vehicle's horn.
A motorcycle's horn is not as loud as the horns of other vehicles. Motorcyclists should use their horns where appropriate but should not rely on their horns to keep them safe.
7. What does an integrated braking system do?
Some motorcycles have integrated braking systems that link the front and rear brakes together when the rider applies the rear brake pedal. It is important to consult your owner's manual for details on your specific motorcycle's braking system.
8. When you are being passed on the left, you should: