2023 New Mexico Permit Test 3
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in New Mexico. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for New Mexico please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/new-mexico/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. Distracted driving is:
The term “distracted driving” refers to driving while anything takes your eyes, hands, or mind away from the task at hand. Distracted driving is the most common contributing factor to reported traffic collisions. Distractions of any sort cause drivers to miss key visual and audio cues needed to avoid a crash.
2. If a flagger is directing traffic in a construction zone, you must:
Be prepared to reduce your speed and use caution when directed to do so by a sign, flagger, or law enforcement officer. Failure to do so is illegal and is dangerous to those working in construction zones.
3. When approaching a flashing red traffic light, drivers should:
Flashing red lights are used at dangerous intersections. Treat them like stop signs.
4. Consuming which of the following substances may impair your ability to drive safely and may result in an arrest for driving under the influence of intoxicants (DUII)?
A wide variety of intoxicants can impair your ability to drive. These include all types of alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, inhalants, and many legal medications (both prescription and over-the-counter).
5. When driving in fog or mist, never put your headlights on the high beam setting because:
In foggy or misty conditions, you should not use your headlights on their high beam setting because the light will be reflected back into your eyes.
6. This sign means:
Regulation signs regulate traffic speed and movement, displaying rules which drivers must obey. This regulation sign means that left turns are prohibited.
7. If a traffic signal light is green and a police officer signals for you to stop, you should:
Drivers must obey any instructions given by a police officer, even if the instructions contradict laws, signs, signals, or markings that would otherwise apply.
8. When approaching a flashing yellow light, drivers should: