2023 New Mexico Permit Test 2
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in New Mexico. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for New Mexico please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/new-mexico/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. You should drive on the shoulder to pass a car:
Passing on the right is permissible only if it is possible to do so without driving off the roadway. Never pass another vehicle on the shoulder because the other driver will not expect you to be there and may pull off the road.
2. This road sign means:
This sign indicates that there is a sharp right turn ahead.
3. A traffic light displaying a green arrow and a red light means that:
If a green arrow is shown with a red light, you can only drive in the direction of the arrow and only if the intersection is clear.
4. Which of the following are used on some highways to direct drivers into the proper lanes for turning?
Arrows may be used to indicate which lanes should be used for specific purposes, such as driving straight or making a turn.
5. On the freeway, you see a "Merging traffic“ sign. You should:
When on a roadway with two or more lanes, you should make room for entering vehicles. If there is no one driving next to you, move over one lane.
6. When approaching a traffic signal displaying a steady green arrow, drivers:
A green arrow displayed on a traffic signal tells drivers that they may turn in the direction of the arrow. You must be in the proper lane for such a turn. Yield the right-of-way to vehicles and pedestrians already in the intersection.
7. Construction zone signs are generally:
All temporary signs in work zones have an orange background with black letters or symbols. These signs are found on the right side of the road, or on both the left and right sides if the roadway is a divided highway.
8. Use your headlights on rainy, snowy, or foggy days: