2023 New Mexico Permit Test 21
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in New Mexico. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for New Mexico please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/new-mexico/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. A steady yellow traffic signal means that a ____ light will soon appear.
A steady yellow light on a traffic signal indicates that a steady red light will soon appear.
2. If you have an argument with another person and you are angry, you should:
Your emotions affect your ability to drive safely. If you are overly angry, excited, afraid, worried, or depressed, you should give yourself time to calm down before operating a vehicle. You need to be able to mentally focus on driving without thinking about the things that made you upset.
3. You may stop in a travel lane when letting out a passenger.
Do not stop in travel lanes for any reason (confusion, breakdown, letting out a passenger, etc.). Continue moving until you can safely pull off the road.
4. If someone has consumed alcoholic drinks, what will help the person overcome the influence of those drinks?
Only the passage of time will allow a person to overcome the influence of alcohol.
5. You are involved in a minor collision at an intersection. There are no injuries and there is very little vehicle damage. You should:
After a collision, if no one has been injured or killed and you can safely do so, you should move your vehicle out of the traffic lane.
6. Your first response to reduced visibility should be:
Reducing your speed should be your first response to decreased visibility and dangerous road conditions.
7. ____ limit your concentration, perception, judgment, and memory.
Even the smallest amount of alcohol will reduce your concentration, perception, judgment and memory, and your driving skills will suffer. No one can drink and drive safely.
8. When driving near a blind pedestrian who is carrying a white cane or using a guide dog, you should: