2023 New Mexico Permit Test 13
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in New Mexico. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for New Mexico please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/new-mexico/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. When driving in fog, it is best to drive with:
Use low beam headlights when driving in fog, rain, or snow. High beams may reflect off of the weather and make visibility even poorer.
2. The risk of hydroplaning can can be reduced by driving:
Because hydroplaning is caused by driving too quickly in wet conditions, the risk of it happening can be reduced by driving more slowly.
3. A “No stopping” sign means that, unless directed to do so by a police officer, you may stop only:
A "No stopping" sign means you can only stop to obey a traffic signal, to obey a police officer, or to prevent a conflict with another vehicle.
4. There are oncoming vehicles to your left and a row of parked vehicles to your right. You should steer:
If there are oncoming vehicles to your left and a row of parked vehicles to your right, the best thing to do is to split the difference. Steer a middle course between the oncoming cars and the parked cars.
5. To prevent yourself from becoming an aggressive driver:
To prevent yourself from becoming an aggressive driver, concentrate on driving and don't take the actions of other drivers personally. Be realistic about your travel time, drive within posted speed limits, and be forgiving of other drivers using the roadway.
6. The speed limit in school zones is:
The statewide speed limit in school zones is 15 miles per hour. Always drive with extra caution when driving in an area where you may encounter children or other pedestrians.
7. If your vehicle begins to skid, you should:
If your vehicle begins to skid, release the accelerator or brake pedal to regain vehicle balance. Steer in the direction of the skid to regain control of the vehicle.
8. Children on bicycles should be given extra space by motor vehicle operators because: