2023 South Carolina Permit Test 3
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in South Carolina. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for South Carolina please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/south-carolina/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. If you have to back up a vehicle on a two-lane road, you should:
Always turn your head to check behind your vehicle before and while backing up. Be sure the way is clear of other traffic before moving.
2. A driver need not stop for a stopped school bus when traveling in the opposite direction on a four-lane roadway.
On a highway with four or more lanes, you must stop for a school bus loading or unloading passengers only when you are traveling behind it. You must still drive with special caution when driving near children.
3. When passing a row of parked vehicles, you should:
Keep a space between your vehicle and parked vehicles. A person may step out of a parked vehicle or out from between the parked vehicles without looking. A driver may begin moving their vehicle before realizing you are there.
4. What does a single dashed yellow line separating traffic mean?
Yellow lines separate traffic moving in opposite directions. A single dashed yellow line in the center of a road indicates that vehicles traveling in both directions are permitted to pass. Drivers may only begin a pass if they will not interfere with any oncoming traffic.
5. This sign means:
Warning signs prepare drivers for upcoming road conditions and hazards and are usually yellow with black markings. This sign alerts drivers to an upcoming intersection.
6. This sign means:
This sign warns that there is a steep hill ahead.
7. Hydroplaning occurs when tires ride on a thin film of water instead of on the road. To prevent hydroplaning in wet weather, you should:
Hydroplaning is caused by driving too fast on a wet road. Slow down when driving on wet pavement to prevent hydroplaning.
8. When approaching an uncontrolled intersection, a driver should: