2023 New Jersey Permit Test 24
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in New Jersey. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for New Jersey please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/new-jersey/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. A steady yellow traffic signal means that a ____ light will soon appear.
A steady yellow light on a traffic signal indicates that a steady red light will soon appear.
2. Coming to a complete stop at an intersection, yielding to cross traffic/pedestrians, and then proceeding through the intersection when the way is clear corresponds with:
A flashing red traffic light means the same thing as a stop sign. You must come to a complete stop, yield to cross traffic and pedestrians, and then proceed when the way is clear.
3. You come to an intersection displaying a flashing red light. You should:
A flashing red traffic light has the same meaning as a stop sign. You must stop, yield the right-of-way, and go once it is safe.
4. A driver under the age of 21 with a probationary license:
Drivers with probationary licenses must adhere to certain restrictions while behind the wheel. They may not use a hand-held or hands-free cell phone and must wear a seat belt while driving. Drivers under the age of 21 may not operate a vehicle between the hours of 11:01 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
5. This sign means:
This sign indicates that a school crossing is ahead.
6. Unless otherwise posted, the speed limit on rural roadways is:
Unless otherwise posted, the speed limit on unmarked rural roadways is 50 mph. If a different speed limit is posted, you should follow that speed limit.
7. Your ability to stop is affected by: