2023 New Jersey Permit Test 17
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in New Jersey. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for New Jersey please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/new-jersey/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. A driver with a Graduated Driver License:
A driver operating with a GDL may not use any electronic devices, such as a cell phone, while behind the wheel. All New Jersey drivers must wear a seat belt while driving.
2. Distracted drivers are at a greater risk of a crash when they are using which of the following?
Using a cell phone (including a hands-free phone) or any kind of audio device (including a radio or CD player) can be a dangerous distraction and contributes to the risk of a crash.
3. At an intersection with a yield sign, you should:
A yield sign means that you must slow down and yield the right-of-way to traffic in the intersection or roadway you are entering.
4. This road sign means:
This sign indicates that the road ahead will turn sharply to the right and then to the left.
5. In New Jersey, persons under 21 years of age are considered to be driving under the influence with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of:
Drivers under age 21 (the legal age to purchase or consume alcoholic beverages in New Jersey) will be penalized if they are found with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.01 percent or more.
6. Taking drugs along with alcohol:
Drugs (including illegal, prescription, and over-the-counter medications) can affect your brain function and impair your ability to drive safely. Combining alcohol with other drugs will increase the risk of a crash.
7. What color are pavement markings that separate traffic lanes moving in opposite direction?