2023 New Jersey Permit Test 10
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in New Jersey. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for New Jersey please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/new-jersey/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. You may avoid the risks of alcohol-related crashes by:
The only way to avoid the risks of drinking and driving is to decide before you start drinking that you are not going to drive. Because alcohol affects your judgement, it will be harder for you to make safe decisions after you have started drinking.
2. If you want to get off the freeway but you have missed your exit, you should:
If you miss your exit, you should take the next exit. Do not stop or back up on the highway, swerve across multiple lanes to try to make the exit at the last second, or cross over the median to turn around. All of these maneuvers are illegal and extremely dangerous.
3. When driving on slick roads, you should:
While it is always dangerous to drive too fast on slippery roads, this is especially true when driving in turns and curves. Be sure to approach them more slowly in slippery conditions than you would under normal circumstances.
4. You come to an intersection that is blocked by other traffic. You should:
You cannot enter an intersection if traffic is backed up on the other side and you cannot get completely through the intersection. Wait until traffic ahead clears so you do not block the intersection.
5. If you are driving in another driver's blind spot, you should:
Do not drive in someone else’s blind spot. Move forward or drop back so that the other driver can see you.
6. When two vehicles arrive to an intersection at the same time, which one has the right-of-way when no signs or signals indicate rules?
At an intersection of two similar roads without a traffic control device, a driver must yield to a vehicle approaching from the right.
7. This sign means: