2023 Alaska Permit Test 12
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Alaska. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Alaska please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/alaska/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. A driver who fails to restrain passengers under the age of 16 in their moving vehicle may receive a fine of up to ____ per passenger.
A driver can be fined up to $50 for each passenger under the age of 16 who is riding in their vehicle without proper safety restraints. The driver may also receive two demerit points on their license for this infraction.
2. In which of the following ways can alcoholic beverages affect you?
Alcohol dulls the parts of your brain that control inhibition, judgment, and self-control. As a result, you may feel stimulated, lively, and a bit giddy or foolish after consuming alcohol. Alcohol also impairs your reaction time, coordination, and balance. Your vision and ability to judge distance suffers after alcohol consumption, making it difficult to react to your surroundings.
3. Round signs indicate:
Round signs warn drivers of an upcoming railroad crossing area. Drivers should use extra caution when approaching a railroad crossing.
4. When parked facing downhill, the front wheels of your vehicle should be:
When parked facing downhill, your front wheels should be turned toward the edge of the road. This way, if you brakes fail, your vehicle will roll away from traffic.
5. Upon the approach of a vehicle displaying a flashing blue or red light, the law requires that you must:
Upon the approach of an emergency vehicle displaying a flashing red or blue light, traffic must yield the right-of-way by pulling to the side of the street and stopping. Drivers should remain in that position until the emergency vehicle has passed.
6. When backing up your vehicle, you should: