2023 North Dakota Motorcycle Permit Test 13
The following questions are from real DMV written motorcycle permit tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in North Dakota when getting your motorcycle learners permit. Each motorcycle theory practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for North Dakota please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/north-dakota/motorcycle.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. Which types of brakes do most motorcycles have?
Motorcycles generally have one brake for each wheel. The front brake carries more braking power than the rear brake.
2. Because of their small size, motorcycles seem to be:
Because of their size, motorcycles may seem to be traveling faster than they actually are.
3. A motorcycle operator can improve their visibility by:
To maximize your chances of being seen by other road users, you should wear brightly-colored clothing with reflective materials, use your headlight at all times, and use your signals and brake light properly.
4. When preparing to pass a vehicle on the left, it is important to ride on the left side of your lane because:
When preparing to pass on the left, you should ride in the left portion of your lane. This lane position will increase your line of sight and make your more visible to oncoming traffic.
5. When riding at night, you should do all of the following, except:
To reduce the risk of a collision when riding at night, be sure to reduce your speed and increase your following distance. Use the headlights of vehicles ahead of you to see farther down the road. Use your high beam headlight, except when following or meeting another vehicle.
6. In the context of group riding, what does the hand signal pictured mean?