2023 North Carolina Permit Test 19
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in North Carolina. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for North Carolina please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/north-carolina/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. You may drive around or under a gate that is being lowered or raised at a railroad crossing:
Flashing red lights, lowered crossing gates, and/or bells at a railroad crossing mean that you must come to a complete stop. You must not go across the tracks until the lights and bells have stopped and the crossing gates are completely up. Do not drive around or under a gate that is moving up or down.
2. While driving, your wheels slip off the edge of the road. You should:
If your vehicle begins to leave the road, continue to drive with the wheels off the pavement and reduce your speed by gently applying the brakes. When at a safe speed, turn the steering wheel to return to the pavement. Do not attempt to force your vehicle back onto the pavement by sharply turning the steering wheel.
3. Certain highway signs require drivers to obey an indicated instruction. Such signs are known as:
Regulatory signs require drivers to obey an indicated instruction. Failure to comply is subject to penalty.
4. This road sign means:
This sign warns that the overpass ahead has a low clearance. Do not proceed if your vehicle is taller than the height indicated (in this case, 13 feet, 6 inches).
5. You must stop at an intersection when you see a:
A flashing red traffic signal has the same meaning as a stop sign. At an intersection with a flashing red light, you must come to a complete stop, look both ways, and proceed only after the intersection is clear.
6. On the freeway, you see a "Merging traffic“ sign. You should:
When on a roadway with two or more lanes, you should make room for entering vehicles. If there is no one driving next to you, move over one lane.
7. This road sign means:
This sign indicates that the overpass ahead has a low clearance. You should not proceed if your vehicle is taller than the height shown on the sign (in this case, 13 feet 6 inches).
8. You are driving on a divided multilane highway and see or hear the signal of an approaching emergency vehicle. You should:
If you hear the siren or see the flashing lights of an emergency vehicle, you must slow down, provide a clear path for the vehicle, and stop. Don't try to outdrive the emergency vehicle.
9. When driving near a motorcycle, motorists should: