2023 North Carolina Permit Test 17
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in North Carolina. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for North Carolina please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/north-carolina/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. Coming to a complete stop at an intersection, yielding to cross traffic/pedestrians, and then proceeding through the intersection when the way is clear corresponds with:
A flashing red traffic light means the same thing as a stop sign. You must come to a complete stop, yield to cross traffic and pedestrians, and then proceed when the way is clear.
2. You may be required to attend a driver improvement clinic if you accumulate ____ against your license.
If you accumulate seven points against your license, you may be required to attend a driver improvement clinic. Completing the clinic will remove three points from your driving record.
3. When approaching a school bus that is stopped on the opposite side of a center turning lane on a three-lane roadway, drivers:
When approaching a school bus that is stopped on the opposite side of a center turning lane on a three-lane roadway, drivers must come to a complete stop. Drivers may proceed when the stop arm is lifted and the lights have stopped flashing.
4. A driver license is required for which of the following?<br> I. Sitting in the driver's seat of a car while the engine is running.<br> II Steering a car while it is being pushed or towed by another vehicle.
If you do not have a valid driver license, it is illegal to sit in the driver's seat of a motor vehicle while the engine is running or to steer a motor vehicle while it is being pushed or towed by another vehicle.
5. A driver approaching a flashing red traffic signal must:
A flashing red light means that you must stop, yield to traffic and pedestrians, and go only when it is safe. At a railroad crossing, a flashing red light indicates that a train is approaching. Yield to the train, and go only when the lights have stopped flashing and all other active warning devices deactivate.
6. If you are following a school bus or tank truck, you should:
School buses and tank trucks carrying flammable liquids must stop at railroad crossings. Be prepared to stop if following one of these vehicles.
7. If another car is in danger of hitting you, you should:
Your horn should be used to warn other drivers or pedestrians in situations where they may not see you. For example, if you think another driver is about to hit you, you should sound your horn.
8. This road sign means:
This sign is used with a traffic signal to tell drivers that left-turning traffic does not have the right-of-way and must instead wait for oncoming traffic to clear.
9. This sign is a warning that you are approaching: