2023 New York Permit Test 4
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in New York. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for New York please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/new-york/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. Which of the following are factors commonly contributing to traffic crashes?
Driving above the speed limit, driving too far below the speed limit, and driving too fast for conditions are all actions that commonly contribute to traffic accidents. Always drive with the general flow of traffic, within legal speed limits.
2. When driving past a vehicle that has just stopped in a parked position on the side of the road, you should:
When passing a vehicle that has just parked parallel to the road, you should assume the driver will open the door as you approach. Use extra caution when driving near parked vehicles.
3. Just like alcohol and other drugs, drowsiness can:
Not getting enough sleep is a cause of poor driving behavior. Just like drugs and alcohol, sleepiness slows reaction time, decreases awareness, and impairs judgment.
4. You must yield the right-of-way to an approaching vehicle when you are:
When drivers approach the same intersection from opposite directions at about the same time, drivers turning left must yield to traffic that is going straight or turning right. If a driver traveling straight approaches an intersection where another driver is already making a left turn, they must let that vehicle complete its turn before entering the intersection. Drivers entering a traffic circle or rotary must yield to drivers already in the circle.
5. This sign means:
This sign indicates that turns in the direction of the arrow (in this case, to the right) are prohibited.
6. You are driving in the right lane of a multilane highway and want to move into the left lane. You should:
Before changing lanes, you should always verify that there are no other vehicles in the lane you want to enter by checking your mirrors and looking over your shoulder in the direction you plan to move. You should signal every time you change lanes.
7. As you near an intersection, the traffic light changes from green to yellow. Your best action is to: