2023 New York Permit Test 12
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in New York. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for New York please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/new-york/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. If a tire suddenly blows out while you are driving, you should:
If you experience a sudden tire blowout, do not panic. Grasp the steering wheel firmly and take your foot off the accelerator to allow the vehicle to roll to a stop. Lightly apply the breaks when it is safe to do so. Do not move to the shoulder of the road until the car has slowed considerably.
2. You must not drive your vehicle at a speed greater than:
You must not drive at a speed that is faster than is reasonable and prudent. You must drive at a speed that is appropriate for the area where you are driving, the type and condition of surrounding traffic, the presence of pedestrians, the weather, the quality of the road, and light conditions. You must drive within legal speed limits.
3. A traffic light displaying a green arrow and a red light means that:
If a green arrow is shown with a red light, you can only drive in the direction of the arrow and only if the intersection is clear.
4. Bicyclists differ from motorists in that they aren't required to:
Bicyclists are required to obey the same rules of the road as motor vehicle drivers. Any bicycle crash that causes death or serious injury must be reported to the DMV within 10 days of the incident.
5. You are making a left turn from a two-way street onto a one-way street. When you have completed the turn, your car should be:
If you are turning left from a two-way street onto a one-way street, you should complete the turn into the lane closest to the lane you have just left.
6. This sign means:
This sign indicates that left turns are prohibited.
7. In general, you should pass vehicles that are traveling in the same direction as you: