2023 New York Permit Test 16
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in New York. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for New York please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/new-york/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. A flashing red traffic signal at an intersection has the same requirements as:
When approaching a flashing red signal, you must stop and yield to all traffic that does not have to stop.
2. This road sign means:
This sign indicates that the road ahead turns sharply to the right and then sharply to the left.
3. Traffic signals sometimes display arrows to control turns from specific lanes. A solid red arrow:
A solid red arrow in a traffic signal means the same thing as a circular red traffic light. When an arrow is red, traffic in the indicated lane must stop and may not turn in the direction that the arrow is pointing.
4. Interstate driving requires drivers to:
Safe use of the interstate demands drivers be constantly alert and capable of driving at high speeds.
5. At night, it is hardest to see:
Compared to signs and other roadside objects, pedestrians are hardest to see at night.
6. A solid yellow line on your side of the centerline means:
A solid yellow line next to your lane means that passing is not permitted from your direction.
7. As you approach an intersection with a flashing yellow light: