2023 Maine Motorcycle Permit Test 7
The following questions are from real DMV written motorcycle permit tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Maine when getting your motorcycle learners permit. Each motorcycle theory practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Maine please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/maine/motorcycle.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. When applying the front brake, you should:
To apply the front brake, firmly and smoothly squeeze the brake lever with all four fingers, applying progressively more force.
2. If your front tire goes flat while you are riding:
If the front tire of a motorcycle fails, it will cause the steering to feel heavy. If your steering feels heavy, immediately exit the road and inspect your tires.
3. Generally, the body eliminates one alcoholic drink per hour. If a person consumed eight alcoholic drinks four hours ago, how many drinks likely remain in their body?
The minimum number of drinks left in a person's system can be estimated by subtracting the number of hours since the last drink from the total number of drinks consumed. In this case, the alcohol content of about four drinks would remain.
4. If you are being chased by a dog, you should:
Motorcycles often seem to attract dogs. If you are being chased by a dog, downshift and approach it slowly. Then, as you approach the dog, accelerate and leave it behind.
5. In New Hampshire, a person who is age 21 or older with a minimum blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of ______ is considered legally intoxicated.
A person who is of legal drinking age with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08 percent or higher is considered legally intoxicated. It is both illegal and unsafe to ride a motorcycle while under the influence of alcohol.
6. Shifting into a lower gear causes an effect similar to:
Shifting your motorcycle into a lower gear causes an effect similar to applying the brakes. This is known as engine braking.
7. Of the following, which clothing item will not reduce injuries in a crash?