2023 Hawaii Motorcycle Permit Test 13
The following questions are from real DMV written motorcycle permit tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Hawaii when getting your motorcycle learners permit. Each motorcycle theory practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Hawaii please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/hawaii/motorcycle.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. To be effective, eye or face shield protection must be all of the following, except:
To be effective, an eye or face shield must be free of scratches; be resistant to penetration; allow clear views to both sides; fasten securely; permit air to pass through to prevent fogging; and allow room for eyeglasses or sunglasses, if needed.
2. When riding at night, you should do all of the following, except:
To reduce the risk of a collision when riding at night, be sure to reduce your speed and increase your following distance. Use the headlights of vehicles ahead of you to see farther down the road. Use your high beam headlight, except when following or meeting another vehicle.
3. Maximum straight-line braking is done by:
On a straightaway, you can stop in the shortest distance by using both brakes. Try to avoid locking either brake.
4. Riding in cold weather for long periods of time could result in all of the following, except:
Riding in cold weather for long periods of time can cause severe chill, fatigue, and even hypothermia. Be sure to wear proper clothing to protect you from the elements.
5. ____ can remove alcohol and its effects from your body.
The only method that effectively reduces your BAC is not drinking alcohol for a period of time. Coffee, exercise, fresh air, and cold showers cannot reduce your BAC or change the effects of alcohol. They can help you remain awake, but they cannot change your BAC or make you sober.
6. Which of the following is not a characteristic of a responsible rider?