2023 Connecticut Permit Test 8
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Connecticut. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Connecticut please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/connecticut/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. When you see this road sign, you should:
Warning signs are usually yellow with black markings. This sign indicates that a divided highway is beginning and cars should keep to the right.
2. This sign is used to warn drivers about:
Warning signs are usually yellow with black markings. They alert you to conditions that are immediately ahead. This sign is used to warn drivers about an upcoming curve to the right.
3. A red arrow pointing to the right on a traffic light means you may:
A red arrow means "stop." You must remain stopped until a green light or green arrow appears. Do not turn against a red arrow.
4. This sign means you are approaching a railroad crossing that does not have a signal. You should:
At a railroad crossing marked with this sign, a driver should look both ways, listen for any trains, and be prepared to stop if any trains are nearby. Never try to outdrive an oncoming train.
5. Various traffic control devices in construction and maintenance work areas are the color:
Orange warning signs are used in and around work zones. Use special caution when you see orange signs, cones, or barriers on a roadway.
6. When entering the interstate, check for a gap in traffic in the nearest lane, adjust your speed to match traffic, signal, and:
Before merging into interstate traffic, you should identify a gap, accelerate to the speed of traffic, and signal. Merge into the gap when it is safe to do so. Be alert to other traffic and do not expect other drivers to clear the lane.
7. If a child is about to run into the street, you should:
If there is danger, you may need to sound a sharp blast on your horn. Do this when a child or any other pedestrian is about to enter into the street in front of your moving vehicle.
8. Which of the following substances can affect the ability to drive?