2023 West Virginia Permit Test 8
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in West Virginia. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for West Virginia please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/west-virginia/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. You are driving at night and another vehicle is approaching from the opposite direction. Your headlights:
Do not use your high beam headlights when approaching or following another vehicle at night. Switch to the low beam setting to ensure the safety of everyone on the road.
2. Unless posted otherwise, the speed limit on an open county highway is:
The speed limit on open county highways is ordinarily 55 miles per hour. If another speed limit is posted, follow the posted speed limit.
3. Alcohol causes:
Consuming even a small amount of alcohol will impair your vision, judgment, concentration, and coordination.
4. When approaching a steady red traffic light, drivers should:
A steady red traffic light indicates that drivers must come to a complete stop. Driving through a red light is against the law and is extremely dangerous. Drivers may turn right on a steady red light if there is no sign prohibiting a turn on red.
5. If another driver cuts you off in traffic, you should:
To avoid the dangers of road rage, you should never take it personally if another driver cuts you off in traffic. Just let it go and continue driving safely.
6. While driving, you come upon a sign displaying the words “Reduced speed, 35 mph." This means: