Number of Question
1. When driving down a steep grade, your brakes may fade. What happens if brakes fade?
If you use your brakes too much when traveling on a steep downgrade, they may overheat and become less effective. To avoid causing your brakes to overheat on a steep hill, you should rely on engine braking.
2. Mirrors should be adjusted:
Mirrors should be checked prior to the beginning of a trip. On a vehicle with a trailer, mirror adjustment can only be checked accurately if the connected trailer is straight.
3. To best reduce the distractions of a cell phone, you should:
If possible, you should avoid all cell phone distractions by turning it off before starting a trip and leaving it off until you reach your destination.
4. Which of the following is not a cause of hydraulic brake failure?
Most cases of hydraulic brake failure come from one of two causes. The brakes may fail due to a loss of hydraulic pressure or due to overuse on long hills, causing the brakes to fade.
5. If you see taillights ahead while you are driving in fog:
When driving under foggy conditions, lights cannot be taken as a reliable indication of where the road is. The lights may be coming from a vehicle that has pulled off the road.
If there is enough water on the road, hydroplaning can occur at speeds as low as 30 mph. It is most likely if the tires' air pressure is too low or if tires' tread is worn.
7. During an applied leakage test, the maximum leakage rate for a double combination vehicle is ____ in a minute.