2023 Maryland Permit Test 6
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Maryland. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Maryland please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/maryland/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. What does a traffic signal with a yellow left arrow indicate?
When a protected turn arrow changes from green to yellow, drivers must prepare to yield to oncoming traffic. A yellow arrow indicates that the protected left turn is ending.
2. You reach an intersection with stop signs on all four corners at the same time as the driver on your left. Who has the right-of-way?
If two vehicles arrive at the same time to an intersection that has stop signs on all corners, the vehicle to the right has the right-of-way.
3. Just like alcohol and other drugs, drowsiness can:
Not getting enough sleep is a cause of poor driving behavior. Just like drugs and alcohol, sleepiness slows reaction time, decreases awareness, and impairs judgment.
4. This road sign means:
An octagonal sign always means stop. When approaching a stop sign, you must come to a complete stop at the marked stop line and proceed only when it is safe to do so. If there is no stop line, stop before the crosswalk. If there is no crosswalk, stop before the intersection at a point from which you can see oncoming traffic.
5. What can you do to reduce road rage?
To do your part to prevent road rage, you should follow laws, signs, signals, and pavement markings. Always signal your intention when changing lanes.
6. You should increase the distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead when you:
When being tailgated, create extra space in front of your vehicle and do not brake suddenly. Slow down gradually or merge into another lane to prevent a collision with the tailgater.
7. When merging onto the freeway, you should be driving:
You should enter a freeway at or near the speed of traffic, unless the speed of traffic exceeds the legal speed limit.
8. The best thing to do if you become tired while driving is to: