2023 Kentucky Permit Test 18
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Kentucky. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Kentucky please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/kentucky/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. How many alcoholic drinks does it take to affect your driving ability?
It is not advisable to drive after drinking any amount of alcohol. Even a single drink will affect your ability to drive safely.
2. A diamond-shaped sign means:
Diamond-shaped signs are used to warn drivers of special conditions or hazards ahead. They are typically yellow or orange in color.
3. What should you do when you see this sign?
A round sign means you are approaching a railroad crossing. This sign is posted a few hundred feet in front of the tracks and tells drivers to slow down, look, listen, and prepare to stop.
4. Always stop before crossing railroad tracks when:
Expect a train on any track, at any time, traveling in either direction. If you need to stop after crossing the tracks, wait until you can completely cross the tracks before proceeding. Make sure your vehicle clears the tracks before you stop.
5. Should you always drive more slowly than other traffic?
You must drive more slowly than usual when there is heavy traffic or bad weather. However, if you block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic by driving too slowly, you may be cited.
6. If a child is riding a bicycle near your vehicle:
Children on bicycles are sometimes unpredictable. Young bicyclists are especially likely to make surprising changes in direction. Remember that children and bicycles are both small in stature and may become difficult to see.
7. If you drive faster than other vehicles on a road with one lane moving in each direction and continually pass the other cars, you will:
You should avoid passing other vehicles on two-lane roads. Every time you pass a vehicle, your odds of being in a collision increase.
8. Double solid yellow lane markings mean that: