This endorsement is required for driving a school bus. To receive this endorsement, applicants must pass a written test. The test consists of 20 multiple choice questions. To pass, the applicant must answer at least 16 questions correctly. Test questions come from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Commercial Driver’s Manual and Pennsylvania School Bus Driver Manual. Questions come from chapters covering: Passengers and School Buses. The School Bus endorsement can be used with the Class A, B or C CDL.
Number of Question
1. The front of an enclosed trailer should:
When inspecting an enclosed trailer as a part of the vehicle inspection test, check the front area of the trailer for signs of damage, such as cracks, bulges, or holes.
2. When taking the on-road driving test, you will be evaluated on your lane usage. Which of the following is an example of poor lane usage?
During the on-road driving skills test, make sure you do not put your vehicle over curbs, sidewalks, or lane markings. Stop behind stop lines, crosswalks, or stop signs. On multiple-lane roads, complete turns in the proper lane. Always move to or remain in the rightmost lane, unless the lane is blocked.
3. Once stopped as a part of the stop/start maneuver, you should:
Once you have stopped as a part of the stop/start maneuver during the on-road driving skills test, you must activate your four-way flashers and shift into neutral or park. You must not block any driveways, intersections, fire hydrants, or signs.
4. When checking the air and electrical lines during a vehicle inspection, all of the following should be true, except:
When examining the air and electrical lines as part of your vehicle inspection test, you must listen for leaks. Ensure that the air hoses and electrical lines are not cut, chafed, spliced, or worn. Make sure air and electrical lines are not tangled, pinched, or dragging against tractor parts.
5. If a school bus needs to be evacuated, passengers should:
If a school bus needs to be evacuated in the event of an emergency, the driver must quickly determine which exit or exits will be safest for students to use and direct the students to that exit.
6. During the vehicle inspection test, you will be required to do all of the following, except:
As a part of earning your CDL, you will have to pass an inspection test and demonstrate that your vehicle is safe for operation. During the vehicle inspection test, you will have to walk around the vehicle and point to or touch each item and explain to the examiner what you are checking and why. You will not have to crawl under the hood or under the vehicle.
7. In the event of a bus evacuation, students should be led at least ____ away from the road.