2023 Oregon Motorcycle Permit Test 2
The following questions are from real DMV written motorcycle permit tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Oregon when getting your motorcycle learners permit. Each motorcycle theory practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Oregon please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/oregon/motorcycle.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. To help provide space for drivers attempting to merge into your lane from an entrance ramp, you should:
Drivers merging onto a highway and into your lane may not notice your motorcycle. Give them plenty of space to safely merge by moving into a different lane, if you can.
2. Compared to riding during the day, a motorcycle operator who is riding at night should do all of the following, except:
To reduce the risk of a collision when riding at night, be sure to reduce your speed and increase your following distance. Use the headlights of vehicles ahead of you to see farther down the road. You should always be flexible about your lane position, especially when riding at night.
3. Riding between two vehicles moving in the same direction:
In Oregon, it is illegal for motorcycles and mopeds to pass between two moving vehicles on a multilane highway or one-way street.
4. Where is the throttle usually located?
The throttle of a motorcycle is usually located on the right handle grip. Be sure to know where all of your motorcycle's controls are located before riding.
5. Helmets are:
Oregon law requires all motorcycle operators and passengers to wear a U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)-approved helmet while riding.
6. When being passed, do not move into the portion of the lane farthest from the passing vehicle because: