2023 Montana Motorcycle Permit Test 13
The following questions are from real DMV written motorcycle permit tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Montana when getting your motorcycle learners permit. Each motorcycle theory practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Montana please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/montana/motorcycle.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. When approaching an uneven surface, such as a bump or pothole, you should rise slightly off of your seat:
When riding over an uneven surface, rising off of your seat will allow your joints to absorb some of the force of impact. This will make it less likely that the impact of the surface will throw you off of the motorcycle.
2. You should increase your following distance if:
An expanded cushion of space is needed if your motorcycle will take longer than normal to stop. If the pavement is slippery, if you cannot see through the vehicle ahead of you, or if traffic is heavy and another driver may try to squeeze in front of you, open up to a larger following distance.
3. In any crash, you have a better chance of avoiding serious injury if you do all of the following, except:
You can reduce your risk of injury when riding a motorcycle by wearing an approved helmet, face or eye protection, and protective clothing.
4. During your pre-ride inspection, you should check all of the following, except the:
Before setting off on any ride, you should do a thorough check of your motorcycle. Inspect the tires, oil and fluid levels, headlight, tail light, turn signals, brake light, clutch and throttle, mirrors, brakes, and horn.
5. Rain suits:
High-quality rain suits designed for motorcycle riding will resist tearing and ballooning when a rider travels at high speeds.
6. If it is warm outside, should you wear a leather jacket while riding?