2023 Hawaii Permit Test 14
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Hawaii. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Hawaii please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/hawaii/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. Traffic regulations require drivers to display a turn signal for at least ____ before making a turn or lane change.
Turn signals must be displayed for at least 100 feet before changing lanes or turning. It is advisable to signal for a greater distance when driving at increased speeds.
2. This sign means:
This sign indicates that U-turns are prohibited.
3. When approaching a traffic signal displaying a steady yellow arrow, drivers:
A steady yellow arrow indicates that a red arrow is about to appear. Stop unless you are already within the intersection.
4. Your tire blows out while you are driving. You should:
If you experience a tire blowout, do not immediately apply the brakes. Grip the steering wheel firmly and steer to remain in your traffic lane. Reduce your speed gradually by releasing the accelerator and staying off the brakes. Once you are moving very slowly, apply the brakes lightly and pull off the road into a safe area.
5. You are coming to an intersection and have a green light. Pedestrians are crossing against the red. You should:
Yield to pedestrians and cars that may be caught in an intersection when you have a green light. Be careful around pedestrians under every circumstance.
6. The correct way to use a freeway exit ramp is to: