2023 Alabama Permit Test 19
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Alabama. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Alabama please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/alabama/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. You want to make a right turn at the corner. A pedestrian with a guide dog is at the corner ready to cross the street in front of you. Before making your right turn, you should:
Pedestrians using guide dogs or white canes (with or without a red tip) must be given the right-of-way at all times.
2. A driver who leaves a gas station without paying for gas will:
Alabama Senate Bill 459 prohibits a person from driving his or her vehicle off the premises of a gasoline establishment without payment. A person who does this is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor and may have their license suspended after the first conviction.
3. Which of the following factors affect an individual's absorption of alcohol?
Factors affecting a person's absorption of alcohol include the person's weight, their biological sex, the amount of food in their digestive tract, and the number of alcoholic beverages they have consumed. The only thing to do to remove alcohol from a person's system is to wait.
4. You should not make sudden stops in front of large trucks and buses because:
Large vehicles require longer distances to stop and accelerate than smaller vehicles do. Making a sudden stop in front of a large vehicle is dangerous because the other driver may not be able to stop in time to avoid a collision.
5. An orange and red triangular sign on a vehicle always means:
Slow-moving vehicles, such as farm tractors, road maintenance vehicles, and animal-drawn carts, display an orange and red triangle on the back.
6. This road sign means:
Warning signs are usually yellow with black markings. This sign warns drivers that the roadway will be slippery when wet and they should reduce their speed accordingly.
7. When turning left at an intersection:
When turning left at an intersection, yield the right-of-way to oncoming traffic and pedestrians. Once the intersection is clear and applicable signals allow, you may complete the turn.
8. Only ____ can reduce blood alcohol content (BAC) and alcohol's effects on the body.