2023 Alabama Permit Test 10
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Alabama. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Alabama please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/alabama/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. You can drive off the road to pass another vehicle:
You may never drive off the paved or main-traveled portion of the road and onto the shoulder to pass another vehicle.
2. A steady yellow traffic signal light is a warning that the light is about to change to red. If you are already within the intersection when a green light changes to yellow, you should:
If you are already within an intersection when the traffic light turns yellow, you should clear the intersection as quickly as possible.
3. You should allow an extra cushion of space:
Drivers of trucks, buses, vans, or any vehicles pulling campers or trailers may not be able to see you if you are driving directly behind them. Increase your following distance when driving behind one of these vehicles. Additionally, large vehicles can block your view of the road, so increase your following distance to look around the sides of the vehicle and see the road ahead.
4. Before changing lanes or attempting to pass another vehicle, you should:
Every time you want to change lanes or otherwise move your vehicle to the right or left, signal to alert other drivers to your intentions. Always check your mirrors and turn your head to check your blind spot before attempting any lateral move.
5. Sudden wind gusts on highways:
While it can create special problems for large vehicles, strong wind can cause problems for all drivers. Wind can lower visibility by blowing dirt and dust into the roadway, but it can sometimes also physically move a vehicle.
6. If you miss your exit on the freeway, you should not:
If you miss your turn or exit, do not back up in the travel lane or on the shoulder. Continue to drive to the next exit or crossroad. Drivers do not expect a vehicle to be backing toward them on the roadway and doing so will likely cause a collision.
7. This sign means:
This sign indicates that a divided highway begins ahead. Keep to the right of the median divider.
8. When a car with bright headlights drives toward you at night, you should: