2023 Rhode Island Permit Test 14
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Rhode Island. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Rhode Island please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/rhode-island/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. When driving near a blind pedestrian who is carrying a white cane or using a guide dog, you should:
When driving near a blind pedestrian who is carrying a white cane or walking with a guide dog, you must slow down, yield the right-of-way, and then proceed with caution. Be prepared to stop your vehicle in order to prevent injury or danger to the pedestrian.
2. This sign means:
This sign indicates that a divided highway begins ahead.
3. You should signal continuously while turning because it:
You should always signal when turning, changing lanes, slowing down, or stopping so that other drivers, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians will know your intentions.
4. You should signal to turn ____ before beginning the turn.
If you wish to change lanes or make a turn, signal to inform other motorists of your intentions. Signals should be activated at least 100 feet before you begin the turn. Continue signaling until you have completed the turn or lane change.
5. If bad weather makes it difficult for you to see clearly, you should:
When it is difficult to see due to darkness or poor weather, increase your following distance. This will give you more time to react to hazards that you may not see in advance.
6. You are driving on a city street and see an emergency vehicle with flashing lights behind you. What should you do?
You must yield the right-of-way to any emergency vehicle that is using its siren and lights. Drive to the right edge of the road and stop until the emergency vehicle has passed. If you are within an intersection, drive through the intersection first and then stop.
7. Which of the following statements is true?
Driving too slowly can be dangerous because it may cause drivers behind you to become frustrated and make dangerous moves to pass you. It is safest to drive with the flow of traffic, within the legal speed limit.
8. If you miss your exit on an interstate expressway: