2023 New Hampshire Permit Test 4
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in New Hampshire. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for New Hampshire please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/new-hampshire/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. When two vehicles enter an intersection from different highways at the same time, which vehicle must yield the right-of-way?
At intersections that are controlled by signs or signals and at intersections that are uncontrolled, the driver on the left must yield the right-of-way to the driver on the right when two vehicles arrive to the intersection at the same time.
2. When you see this black and yellow sign, it means:
This sign indicates that the road ahead changes direction at an extreme angle (in this case, to the right). Before you reach such an extreme curve, you should slow down as much as you would when making a turn at an intersection.
3. When sharing the road with a truck, it is important to remember that trucks generally:
Because of their size, trucks need longer distances to stop than smaller vehicles do.
4. Which statement about speed is true?
As speed increases, the chance of a fatality increases. If you are moving faster than 80 miles per hour, you have almost no chance of living through a crash. Driving more slowly than other traffic can also be dangerous because other motorists may become impatient and make dangerous moves to pass you.
5. If your turn signals fail, you should use ____ to indicate that you are turning.
If your vehicle's turn signals do not work, you should use hand signals to indicate when you intend to change direction.
6. This road sign means:
This sign indicates a merge ahead. It warns that two lanes of traffic moving in the same direction are about to become one.
7. You are driving up a hill and are approaching a heavy truck from the rear. You should know that:
Drivers must be aware that large vehicles often travel at a speed slower than the posted speed limit, especially when driving on an incline, and should use caution when approaching a large vehicle from the rear. When on a hill with limited visibility, it is unlawful to pass another vehicle.
8. A red arrow displayed on a traffic light means that: