2023 Minnesota Permit Test 4
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Minnesota. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Minnesota please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/minnesota/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. Which of the following is true regarding seat belts and child restraints in vehicles?
Before you drive, always fasten your seat belt and make sure all your passengers are using seat belts or child restraints. Studies have shown that if you use seat belts, your chances of being hurt or killed in a traffic crash are greatly reduced. Children age 12 and under should always ride properly restrained in a rear seat. Never put a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of a vehicle with a front passenger airbag.
2. Your first response to reduced visibility should be:
Reducing your speed should be your first response to decreased visibility and dangerous road conditions.
3. Which of the following best ensures your safety and the safety of those around you when you are backing your vehicle?
Backing requires extra caution because it is difficult for drivers to see behind their vehicles. Before entering a vehicle to back up, walk to the back of the vehicle to check for children and small objects.
4. When preparing to turn left, drivers should:
As you approach a left turn, signal your intentions three to five seconds in advance. Continually check your rearview mirror as you gradually slow down. On a multilane road, move into the left lane before reaching the intersection where you plan to turn. Yield to traffic and pedestrians and turn when your path is clear.
5. Drivers may not pass from either side of a ____ centerline.
A double solid yellow line down the center of a two-way road means that it is prohibited for traffic from either direction to cross the center to pass.
6. You are approaching a railroad crossing that has no visible gates or flashing lights, but has a standard crossbuck. You should:
You must approach all railroad crossings with extreme caution and cross only when you know that no train is coming from either direction. If there is a flagger at a crossing, you must obey all of their instructions.
7. If you become stranded in a snowstorm, the best thing to do is to:
If you become stranded in a snowstorm, the best thing to do is stay in your car and wait for help. You are most likely to be found if you don't leave your vehicle. Additionally, it may be unsafe to walk around outside in a snowstorm.
8. The best way to deal with tailgaters is to: