2023 Iowa Permit Test 18
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Iowa. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Iowa please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/iowa/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. A blood alcohol concentration of 0.02 percent:
Every 0.02 percent increase in blood alcohol concentration nearly doubles a driver's risk of being in a fatal crash.
2. While driving on a roadway with a single broken white centerline:
White lines between lanes indicate that the lanes are traveling in the same direction. Broken white line markings indicate that it is legal to pass another vehicle when safe.
3. You are preparing to exit the interstate. When should you start reducing your speed?
When leaving an interstate, you should maintain your speed until you enter the deceleration lane, at which point you should reduce your speed to the exit ramp's posted advisory speed.
4. This sign means:
This sign directs traffic to the right of an island or barrier. The road ahead is divided.
5. If pedestrians are illegally crossing in the middle of the street instead of in a crosswalk, you:
You must yield to pedestrians at all times. If the pedestrians are jaywalking or crossing the street where they should not be, you must still stop for them.
6. To help others see you when daylight begins to fade, you should use your:
As daylight begins to fade, turn on your low beams to help others see you. Only use your high beam headlights in an open area where no other drivers are present.
7. When an authorized vehicle using its sirens and flashing lights approaches a vehicle, the driver should pull to the right-hand edge of the roadway and wait for the emergency vehicle to pass.
When being approached by an emergency vehicle that is using its lights and/or sirens, you must immediately pull to the right side of the road and allow it to pass.
8. Which of the following statements about blind spots is true?