2023 Indiana Permit Test 6
The following questions are from real DMV written tests. These are some of the actual permit questions you will face in Indiana. Each permit practice test question has three answer choices. Select one answer for each question and select "grade this section." You can find this button at the bottom of the drivers license quiz. For a complete list of questions and answers for Indiana please visit https://cheat-sheets.dmv-written-test.com/en/indiana/car.
Number of Tests
Number of Question
1. When approaching a flashing red traffic light, drivers should:
Flashing red lights are used at dangerous intersections. Treat them like stop signs.
2. If you leave your vehicle unattended, you must:
When you leave your vehicle unattended, you must stop the engine, lock the ignition, remove the key from the ignition, and set the parking brake.
3. When two vehicles enter an intersection from different highways at the same time, which vehicle must yield the right-of-way?
At intersections that are controlled by signs or signals and at intersections that are uncontrolled, the driver on the left must yield the right-of-way to the driver on the right when two vehicles arrive to the intersection at the same time.
4. This road sign means:
This sign indicates that the overpass ahead has a low clearance. You should not proceed if your vehicle is taller than the height shown on the sign (in this case, 13 feet 6 inches).
5. Pentagonal signs indicate:
Pentagonal signs indicate that you are in a school zone. Be extra alert to children and pedestrians when driving near a school.
6. Which of the following is a safe way to drive through a curve?
You should slow down as you enter a curve and increase your speed gradually as you exit. Increasing your speed as you enter a curve will make it more difficult to control your vehicle.
7. When passing other vehicles:
Before passing another vehicle, check your mirrors and blind spots. Before changing lanes, activate the appropriate turn signal. Re-enter the lane when you can see the front of the passed vehicle in your rearview mirror.
8. You want to back out of your driveway. You see children playing nearby. Before you start to move your car, you should: